Pages

My Tiny Creative Corner

29 August 2021

This little corner is where I'd be illustrating, listening to music, FaceTiming my family, drinking coffee and just sometimes thinking that my desk is too small. I mean it's an old school desk which I found on eBay, so it's made for kids probably age 8-12! I even rest my arm on my couch while drawing at my desk because there's not enough space on the desk itself. Anyway, there's something about it... it's got character and I've been drawing on it for more than two years now so I'm a little bit attached to it! This picture was taken when I'd just moved into my flat, fresh carpet (hence wearing my new jazzy socks) and my 'creative' corner was still quite raw I'd say!

I used to mostly draw on A5 and A4 paper and it was the perfect size to fit on my desk! But, recently I've been drawing on A3 and A2 paper and it's been a bit tricky... as you can see the paper has literally taken up the whole desk! 
In order to make some space (I bet you are convinced by now that my desk is tiny!), I got this amazing wooden shelf and the cork board which I'm quite pleased about! 

I recently stumbled upon May + Co Interiors; they are the East Oxford duo, Amy and Martin, selling 20th-century furniture and homeware. They buy and restore a wide range of furniture and sell at affordable prices. I absolutely love their furniture; it's beautiful. So I've been keeping my eyes peeled on their website at all times, just in case I come across my dream desk! Check out their Instagram page for shop updates and their furniture-hunting stories. Incredible! 
For the time being, I am grateful for my good old tiny desk! We'll see what happens in the future... 
Happy Sunday! x

No comments

Post a Comment