Pages

when in doubt, drink a cup of tea!

20 August 2021

It's Friday night. Happy weekend! I'm sitting on my bed with my laptop on my pillow, listening to Pink Moon by Nick Drake which brings back good memories of the time I was living in Dubai. After browsing Netflix for a good half an hour and feeling absolutely uninspired and kind of giddy, I got off my a** and made myself a nice cup of pear and elderflower tea. 

I took a sip and I felt so much better; like instantly got inspired to write my first blogpost (what a sip indeed!). I used to blog fews years ago and I really enjoyed it. Then I stopped when I got hooked on Instagram. But, I'm back at it because I'm thinking that it's going to be a great outlet for my thoughts on trivial everyday stuff which I'd like to share. Probably nobody (or maybe two or three of my friends) is going to read my blog anyway, but as long as I feel a tad better after writing each blogpost, I'll be quite chuffed!

Now what to write about? I have absolutely no idea. Ah, I know what to write about (after staring at my wall for a few minutes); one little thing that made my day today!

I met one of my best friends on Wednesday and we were going to cook together (vegetarian feast: roasted veggies and lentil soup) and drink some wine and we did accomplish that mission perfectly. I'd given her a box of Pear & Elderflower tea and some chocolates. She messaged me this afternoon and said, "I'm going to have a cup of your tea now. I really like it. Thank you!" Yep, something as simple as that made me smile for few seconds and that was exactly when I got up and made myself a cuppa and it lifted my mood!

P.S. if you're going to brew some tea for yourself, make sure you're drinking your tea out of the nicest cup you've got, because that's where the magic lies! 

and that's all for the first blogpost! x 

No comments

Post a Comment